Colon takes place when tumorous growths evolve in the huge intestine. The colon or the huge intestine is wherein the body excerpts water and salt from solid wastes. The waste then goes through rectum and exits body through the anus. You should know that Colon cancer and rectal cancer might take place together. It is called colorectal cancer. Rectal cancer generates in rectum that is last several inches of the huge intestine, neighbouring to the anus.
Since the cases are increasing and the rise in colon cancer on rise, the good part is that there is the Best Colon Cancer treatment in India too. If the cancer gets diagnosed well in time, it can be treated with much success.
Important points about colon cancer
- Colon cancer does affect the huge intestine and it generally starts with polyps in wall of intestine.
- A healthy lifestyle along with a high-fibre, low-fat diet can actually turn out to be helpful in preventing colon cancer. Here screening can detect the cancer in the initial stages.
- The symptoms might not appear till the later stage, but if they do, gastrointestinal issues are common symptoms.
- Treatment involves a mixture of chemotherapy, radiation therapy and the surgery. It may possibly end up in a colostomy.
Are there symptoms of Colon cancer?
There are usually no symptoms in the earliest phases, but symptoms might develop as the cancer grows. The symptoms might be like:
- changes in the consistency of stool
- diarrhoea or constipation
- mysterious weight loss
- rectal bleeding or blood in stool
- cramps, abdominal pain, bloating or gas
- pain during the bowel movements
- narrow and loose stools
- petulant bowel syndrome (IBS)
- iron deficiency anaemia
- repeated urges to defecate
- weakness and fatigue
In case the cancer spreads to a new place in the body, extra symptoms may also appear in new area. The liver gets most commonly affected.
Which are the stages?
There are diverse ways of staging colon cancer. The stages rely on how far cancer has blowout. For example in the stage 0, the cancer is in an initial stage. It is called carcinoma in situ. It has not advanced further than inner layer of colon. Then talking about Stage one, cancer has advanced into next layer of tissue, but cancer has not reached lymph nodes or other organs. Talking about Stage 2, the cancer has approached the outer layers of colon. But it has not scattered beyond colon. Stage 3: cancer has advanced through outer layers of colon and it has approached one to three lymph nodes. It has not stretched to distant sites. In the Stage 4, cancer has reached different tissues beyond wall of colon. As this stage progresses, this cancer reaches remote parts of body. Remember that cancer grows progressively. However every stage is not fixed but shows a phase wherein specific developments take place.
So, if you have any symptoms of Colon cancer, it would be good to look out for treatment for Colon Cancer in India. These treatments are effective and can cure you!