You will never run out of options when it comes to visiting hill stations in north India. There are n number of places that you can visit here, but if you want to visit the most beautiful one of them all, then you should definitely plan a trip to Mussoorie.
Located in one of the premiere locations of North India, Mussoorie is one of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country. Apart from the ethereal beauty that this place has to offer, hotel booking in Mussoorie India too is rather easy.
A little about Mussoorie
Mussoorie is one of the premiere tourist destinations of Uttarakhand. A lot of tourists’ flock to this place mainly because of the view of the hills and the mountains that it has offer. It is situated at about 2005mts above sea level and is situated in the foothills of the Himalayas. Thus, from hilly terrains to snow covered peaks, you can experience the beauty of all when you plan a stay in Mussoorie. It is located very close Dehradun which is also another really beautiful place to visit in the foothills. Thus, when you plan a trip to Mussoorie you can cover some of the most beautiful areas in that particular region because of its convenient location and well-travelled route.
Places that you should visit when in Mussoorie
No trip is ever complete without a proper itinerary and for that you need to make sure that you know which are the must visit places in this hill station. Let’s take a look at some of the most celebrated tourist attractions that this hill station has to offer:
- Kempty Falls: Being one of the regions in the foothills, this is also a region where various small streams fall from a great height creating waterfalls. One such waterfall is the Kempty Falls. This is one of the oldest tourist spots near Mussoorie. If you book a car from any one of the reasonable hotels in Mussoorie where you will be staying, then it is will take a little more than half an hour to reach this spot. The spiralling stream of water gushing down from a great height creates a lovely picture.
- Camel Back Road: If you want to take a stroll amidst the peaceful hills, then do take the camel back road. It is about 3-4kms long and is perfect for anyone who wishes to enjoy a quite stroll in a pleasant afternoon in the hills.
- Gun Hill: For a much-cherished view from the second highest peak of Mussoorie, you should visit the Gun Hill. It offers an expansive view of the Doon Valley and the town of Mussoorie as well, making it one of the most picturesque locations in this hill station.
- Mussoorie Lake: This is a famous water body in this hill station which is a lovely picnic spot if you are planning for one in the hills.
- The Mall: The Mall is the place for you to laze about when in town and watch the life of the local people in action.
There is a lot to see and a lot of experience in Mussoorie. If you want to know what the hills are all about, then do visit this place!